Sunday, March 8, 2009

This weekend I went down to St. George with a friend, Heather, for a little rest and relaxation. Our itinerary was the following:

1. Arrive in St. George.

2. Drove straight to Nielsen's Custard Shop. Best custard I have had in a long while. I recommend the classic vanilla with brownie bits. Delicious!

3. Watched the Utah Jazz vs. Denver Nuggets game. What a great comeback from the Jazz!

4. Slept in.

5. Went for a long trail run in the surrounding bluffs. It was nice to run in warm weather again and to burn a few calories- see numbers 2, 6, and 10. This sign was posted along the road and I couldn't resist taking a picture of it.



And I thought I was obsessive about cleaning!

6. Ate a delicious hamburger, fries, and strawberry shake at In-N-Out. I had no idea In-N-Out came to Utah! Heather and I are pictured below.



7. Went shopping at the outlets. However, neither of us are big shoppers so it didn't last very long.

8. Read outside in the sun next to a golf course for a few hours.

9. Visited sights around the city such as the tabernacle and the temple.

10. Made dinner and sampled many flavors of ice-cream. Yumm!

Believe it or not, this was my first trip to St. George. I love it and am already looking forward for the time I can relax in the beauty of the red rocks and warm sun.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you had In 'N Out. It's delicious. What a fun trip to St. George. It really is pretty down there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that you finally made it to St. George... it's one of my favorite places. We need to go together sometime. :)
    Perhaps Tuacahn this summer? I've got connections...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you really like St. George. I try to find any excuse to go down there myself. There is something about the desert, red rock and open space that I think is peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, I love your blog! What fun it has been to read this and enjoy the photos of your many adventures. Much, much love, Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete